Saturday, July 08, 2006

Welcome

Hello, everybody! This is the first of what I hope to be many blogs and thoughts on the subject of addiction. I myself struggled with alcohol for years, and continually fight the flesh in the search for something else to take the place of what Jesus has taken from me. What I mean by that is that we are always trying to find a new way to "numb" ourselves from the pain of life. We search for it in the many forms of addiction that are available to us. We pray to be released from the bondage of one addiction only to find ourselves grabbing ahold of another. This is the danger.

When you find yourself in search of that something to fill the void you fill in your life, reach for the bible, not the bottle. True gratification comes from knowing that Jesus will meet all your needs. Not today, tomorrow, or even next year, but for eternity.....

I encourage and pray that you will email me with your stories of encouragement so we can all reach out to those who need us.

I'll be praying for all of us to lean on each other, not on the world.

In Him,
Pastor Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home